Thursday, July 8, 2010

do you know the the macaron??


My fingers were at the ready. It was the first of October and I was riding high on the back of my puff pastry successes – what would this month bring? I was hoping for something pretty. Something delicate. Something I hadn’t even thought to do before… and then I saw it:
The 2009 October Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to us by Ami S. She chose macarons from Claudia Fleming’s The Last Course: The Desserts of Gramercy Tavern as the challenge recipe.


chocolate and hazelnut macaron
      chocolate and hazelnut macaron

Don’t get me wrong. I actually rather enjoy making macaron. It’s a calming, methodical process – and the reactions you get to a batch of the freshly baked! Oh! These delicious little morsels can extrude squeals of delight that no cake can (regardless of how multi-faceted and hair-tearingly complex said cake can be to make).

    Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Heaven Planet Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates