Thursday, July 8, 2010

A delicious chocolate tart



Looking back, I should have known. A chocolate pastry with no eggs in the recipe. No eggs, no liquid. It was never going to be a pastry. I really should have known. But no! I blindly trusted the words on the page and ended up with rubble. And that is where my instincts kicked in.
I don’t think I’m cut out to be a pastry chef. As a breed, they are accurate. They measure, they record, the follow procedure. I am haphazard and experimental and finish my baking-testing-sessions with indecipherable units scrawled across a butter coated page. But I did well this time, oh yes I did. Because this recipe – the one that I swore I’d never make again, the one I messed about with so much it is unidentifiable, was bliss at first bite.
Bitter chocolate and pistachio praline tart. Say it with me. Mmmm…..
I’m splitting this recipe into two posts due to its sheer length. Don’t be discouraged. It’s a lovely, lovely tart. I should know. I ate two slices of it, and I’m not a chocolate tart kinda girl.

bitter chocolate & pistachio praline tart – the pastry

You will need:
  • 120g butter
  • 115g white sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 eggs
  • 50gm cocoa powder
  • 120g flour (or 200g flour if you prefer it crunchy and not soft)
     
the ingredients for the pastry - sort of
             the ingredients for the pastry - sort of

Step One:
Measure out your ingredients. An organised kitchen is a happy kitchen, or so they say. Don’t forget the eggs.
cream the butter & sugar
              cream the butter & sugar


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Heaven Planet Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates