Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Delicious dobos torta




The August 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Angela of A Spoonful of Sugar and Lorraine of Not Quite Nigella. They chose the spectacular Dobos Torte based on a recipe from Rick Rodgers’ cookbook Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic CaffĂ©s of Vienna, Budapest, and Prague… and this time, I was a part of it.

 dobos torta daring bakers challenge
For a long time now, I’ve dreamt of being a Daring Baker. Someone who can effortlessly pull together a Yule Log in the dying moments before a Christmas Dinner. Someone who has made an Opera Cake. And a cheesecake. And tuiles.
So I gawked and dreamed and clicked my way through the hundreds of posts that would appear on the 27th of each month. And each month, I told myself “Next month I’ll join. Just to see. I bet I could. I hope I could…”
My life became entwined with wondering what would be up next month, and subconsciously making that very thing in the weeks before the reveal. A bevvy of tarts in June. A marshmallow frenzy in July. And a big fat layered cake in August.
dobos torta daring bakers challenge
So you can imagine my chargrain / delight (to this day I am not sure which one I was feeling) when I signed up, logged on and realised that luck had struck again. There would be not one, but two layered cakes in my life this month.

Continue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Heaven Planet Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates